Laser eye surgery is still a relatively new concept and so the long-term effects are still something of a mystery; however, experts have estimated that in most cases, the effects of laser eye surgery should last for a lifetime. So far, patients who underwent treatment when it first came out are still largely happy with their treatment and are still benefitting from their surgery. In some cases, patients may have to wear glasses later in life; the vast majority of patients have to wear reading glasses once they reach middle age. The natural ageing of the eyes cannot be prevented so later on in life the effects of the surgery may wear off; however, there is no doubt that the surgery can drastically improve sight.
Guide to Laser Eye Surgery
- Laser eye surgery intro
- Alternative treatments to laser eye surgery
- Who can benefit from laser eye surgery?
- How do I know which surgeon or clinic to choose?
- How much does laser eye surgery cost?
- Is laser eye surgery painful?
- When can I play sport and drive after laser eye surgery?
- What precautions should I take after surgery?
- Why have laser eye surgery?
- How long does the laser eye surgery procedure last?
- How long does recovery from laser eye surgery take?
- How long do the results of laser eye surgery last?
- What are the risks involved with laser eye surgery?
- Is laser eye surgery safe?
- Can I have both eyes done on the same day?
- Is laser eye surgery suitable for everyone?
- Types of laser eye surgery treatment